Is a Reverse Mortgage a Good Idea?


For some people, yes. They have asked pertinent questions like:
Do I want to maximize what I can leave to my heirs?
Am I going to live in my home deep into my retirement?
How much extra income will I need to meet my needs?
Can I pay the taxes, insurance and meet all the obligations that come with a reverse mortgage?
Unlike all those people who’ve been foreclosed on, do I really know what I’m getting into?

If the answers to those questions are sketchy, you should consider a safer financial route like a traditional home equity loan or line of credit.

Whatever the decision, seek personalized advice from a financial counselor or debt-management agency.


Tom Selleck might say reverse mortgages are not too good to be true. But Magnum P.I. showed that it always pays to investigate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does a reverse mortgage work?

Despite Concerns, Reverse Mortgage Impact in Puerto Rico Minimal

Shopping for a Reverse Mortgage